As part of the 4th Annual USAID Global Health Local Partner meeting, the USAID- and PEPFAR-supported EpiC project hosted a satellite webinar to explore innovative models for sustainable financing for civil society organizations (CSOs). Presenters from local CSOs shared their experiences in developing resilient and sustainable funding mixes to ensure they can continue to support a country-led HIV response. This satellite introduced models for sustainable financing for CSOs such as social contracting where local governments directly fund local CSOs, social enterprises where CSOs sell a product or a service for a fee, and corporate funding where companies act beyond what is required by law to further the social good.
Access the webinar recording here and the presentations below:
- Introducing Sustainable Funding Models (Stephanie Turpin, Strategic Partnerships Advisor, FHI 360)
- Mplus Social Contracting in Thailand (Natthakarn Laohacharoansombat, Care and Support Officer, MPlus, Thailand)
- A Social Enterprise Development in Thailand: Accelerate Community Technology Social Enterprise (ACTSE) (Aphiwat Chawilai, Managing Director, ACTSE/CAREMAT, Thailand)
- Blue Sky Social Enterprise (Nguyen Thien Tri Phong, Project Officer, Blue Sky Social Enterprise, Vietnam)
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Social Enterprise: Network of Maharashtra by People Living with HIV/AIDS (NMP+)(Manoj Pardesi, General Secretary, Network of Maharashtra by People Living with HIV/AIDS (NMP+), India)
- Journey Towards Sustaining an HIV Social Enterprise: Love Yourself (Danvic Rosadiño, Program and Innovations Director, Love Yourself, Philippines)